Adult: 59,000 JPY/person - 68,500 JPY/person (minimum 2 persons – maximum 6 persons）You will have very unique opportunity to enjoy truly authentic traditional Japanese cuisine "Kaiseki" at 200-year-old private mansion on the foot of Mt. Fuji! You will be invited to the private mansion which is designated as one of the most important cultural heritages of the town. You will learn and experience the traditional architecture, arts, and lifestyle of late Edo era aristocrat. The chef himself will come to the place only for you and attend you through the course meal and guide you to explore the profound world of Japanese cuisine. You'll not only enjoy the meal, but also learn from the professional chef privately, and even experience the cutting technique by yourself. After joining this program, the world you see at any Japanese restaurants will be totally different. If you are interested in Japanese culinary culture, and if you are planning to visit Mt. Fuji area, do not miss this unique opportunity!
- Adult (13 + years old): 59,000 JPY/person - 68,500 JPY/person Minimum:2 Maximum:6 2 persons/reservation: 68,500 JPY/person 3 persons/reservation: 64,000 JPY/person 4 persons/reservation: 61,500 JPY/person 5 persons/reservation: 60,000 JPY/person 6 persons/reservation: 59,000 JPY/person
- Authentic Kaiseki Lunch Course - Alcoholic Beverages - Matcha Tea Real
- Departure Point 1 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchiko, Minamitsuru District, Yamanashi 401-0301, Japan (From Kawaguchiko Station, 11 min on foot / 4 min by taxi or local bus. We can arrange chartered van at additional cost. If you need chartered van service, please specify your pick-up/drop-off place in advance.
- Departure Time 12:00 PM
- Return Details Returns to original departure point
You will enjoy 7-9 dish authentic Kaiseki lunch course at 200-year-old private mansion on the foot of Mt. Fuji on southern shore of Lake Kawaguchi. The chef himself will come to the place and guide you through deep world of Kaiseki cuisine. The course starts with Japanese Sake aperitif and ends with Matcha. Every single dish is specially designed and cooked just for your visit. The chef will explain about the ingredients, cooking technique, pottery, and arrangements from viewpoints of season's traditions and the guest's profiles. After the lunch, the chef will explain about one of the most unique aspects of Japanese culinary techniques - the art of cutting technique. The most fundamental philosophy of Japanese cuisine is making the most of the ingredients. To achieve this goal, Japanese culinary techniques have developed so as not to destroy the ingredients, which is most evidently observed in cutting tools and techniques. The chef will explain about this unique aspect of Japanese culinary techniques utilizing his own kitchen knives - beautiful as Japanese swords. The chef will demonstrate one of the sophisticated cutting techniques - peeling the skin of radish as thin as paper.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 18 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Operated by Houdini Corporation
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.