88,000 JPY/group (minimum 2 persons – maximum 6 persons）
Sit back in your wheelchair and explore the deep, vast world of Mt. Fuji, including the Aokigahara Sea of Trees located at its northern base! The Aokigahara Sea of Trees is a primeval forest that has formed on top of lava flows from Mt. Fuji.
It has many mysterious lava caves, and is known for many legends.
Some even say that compasses malfunction and one can be easily lost inside the forest; it could be due to volcanic activities – nobody really knows.
Wind Cave is the largest of the lava tubes in the forest.
The walls are mostly made of basalt, and there is enough circulation of air inside. See lava terraces, rope-like lava forms, icicles and many more.
Wheelchair users can sit and relax in the forest enjoying the tranquil and mysterious atmosphere, and explore the deep heart of the forest and interior of the cave through real time images from drone and handy cam of your guide.
If you want to experience the otherworldly beauty of Aokigahara, book this tour!
- 88,000 JPY/group
Real time viewing system charge (drone and guide’s handy cam)
Admissions for Wind Cave for real time viewing
- Departure Point
2068-1 Saiko Aokigahara, Fujikawaguchiko, Minamitsuru District, Yamanashi 401-0332, Japan
- Departure Time
- Return Details
Returns to original departure point
- Fugaku Wind Cave
Surrounded by the lush greenery of Aokigahara Forest is Fugaku Wind Cave, a 201 m deep cave formed as a result of Mt. Nagao’s eruption. For many years the cave maintained a uniform temperature of around 3 degrees Celsius (37 degrees Fahrenheit), allowing it to be used as storage for silkworm eggs. Wheelchair users can enjoy interior of the cave through real time images from drone and handy cam of the guide inside – icicles, lava flow tube, negative images of burned out fallen trees imprinted on the walls, and many more.
- Aokigahara Forest
Aokigahara Forest, a National Treasure/Natural Monument, is one of Japan’s largest primeval forests, grown on the lava field created through the major eruption of Mt. Fuji back in 864 A.D. Within the Sea of Trees, you can find unique geographical features produced by Mt. Fuji’s volcanic activities as well as unique echo system in the “newly-born baby forest”, which are very rare to see. Wheelchair users can sit and relax in the forest enjoying the tranquil and mysterious atmosphere, and explore the heart of the forest through real time images from drone and guide’s handy cam.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 18 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible Wheelchair accessible
- 1 wheelchair user per group will be accepted.
- Most travelers can participate
- Trail to the forest may not be accessible for powered wheelchairs.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Operated by Houdini Corporation
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.